Eric Jourgensen (email@example.com)
Randal Oddi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2nd Thursday of each month – 5:00 PM – (Always call/email CTA to confirm dates, as they are subject to change!)
- Develop programs and activities to enhance the public image of teachers and of the Association.
- Develop programs and activities to significantly improve internal association communications. The object of these programs and activities is to achieve a fully informed general membership.
- Develop programs and activities to improve Association participation in community affairs.
- All activities will be used to encourage membership in CTA.
- The external public relations plan will:
- Deliver the CTA message to the public on a year-round basis.
- Promote the idea that CTA is about teachers and the children that they teach.
- Make use of every media and communications means that is available.
- Promote more parent and citizen involvement in public education.
- The internal public relations plan will:
- Make certain that all Association plans, programs, and actions are well understood by the membership.
- Encourage membership participation in CTA affairs.- Build morale among the membership by increasing a spirit of professionalism.
- Publicize the good work teachers are doing.
- Wherever possible, invite member input, especially on important or controversial issues.
- Promote new teacher participation in CTA activities.
- In coordination with the Membership/New Teacher Committee, encourage potential members to join the Association.
- Solicit all committee chairpersons for items to publicize.
- Obtain personal email addresses of all members and maintain a database.