Jeff has over 17 years of employee and labor relations experience, including conflict resolution, dispute resolution, and collective bargaining. Experienced as & capable of serving as chief spokesperson and company point of contact with one or more labor unions. Prior labor relations experience with the AFL-CIO (American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations), USWA (United Steel Workers of America), UAW (United Auto Workers) AFT (American Federation of Teachers) and most recently the NEA affiliate in Kentucky.
Qualifications Snapshot includes:
– Successfully representing and advising hundreds of professional, professional support and classified employees regarding grievance and legal related concerns.
– Directed the Grievance and Legal Department for 6 years with the 10,000 member American Federation of Teachers Local #2260. Other positions held include: Grievance Specialist, 2nd Vice President and 1st Vice-President (Governmental Relations)
– Experienced in organizing for power and not pulling out the same “lesson plans” and expecting different results.
– Extensive experience in building strategic relationships within locals and moving leaders to focus on building capacity and addressing goals with fidelity.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.