Membership / New Teacher
Melissa Dan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3rd Tuesday of each month – 5:00 PM – (Always call/email CTA to confirm dates, as they are subject to change!)
- Devise a plan for membership recruitment and retention.
- Provide workshops and other opportunities for members to more fully understand and take advantage of the services offered by CTA, FEA, NEA, and AFT.
- Promote member services and benefits.
- Sponsor activities and programs to recruit and retain new teachers as members of Palm Beach County CTA.
- Realize an actual increase of CTA membership year over year.
- Develop a full year membership campaign.
- Establish and monitor a procedure for CTA (committee members, board members, leadership and staff) to respond to member drop letters.
- Work with communications to ensure a membership component is included in all Association activities.
- Present, sponsor, and develop workshops for new teachers including, but not limited to, test preparation activities and Foundations for Effective Teaching.
- Sponsor NEW SPARKS/FEA FYE.
- Promote awareness of all educational materials available from NEA/FEA/AFT in conjunction with the Communications Committee.
- Oversee coordination of CTA Professional Development (formerly ER&D) and Instructional Professional Development (IPD) as they relate to new teachers.
- Support and oversee coordination of professional development programs to recruit new teachers.
- Study and apply for grants for new teachers.
- Offer “Foundations of Effective Teaching” through workshops.
- Promote affiliation with PBCSD programs.
- Provide new members with help/customer services.
- Present workshops each year in preparation for the Beginning Teacher and General Knowledge program.