Chair: Cheyne Seleski
Committee Email Address: PBCCTAGR@gmail.com
Matt Tomko (email@example.com)
4th Thursday of each month – 5:00 PM – (Always call/email CTA to confirm dates, as they are subject to change!)
- Develop and maintain an effective legislative program for the Palm Beach County CTA.
- Plan specific activities and develop a calendar that will enhance CTA’s legislative program.
- Report to the President, Board of Directors, and the Representative Assembly (monthly).
- Present local and state legislative programs to the Board of Directors and Representative Assembly by January, if possible.
- Encourage all eligible teachers to vote.
- Carry out any activities as directed by the President and Board of Directors.
- Utilize Lead Representatives as legislative contacts at school sites to facilitate the dispersal of information to educate, inform, and engage members in the political process.
- Lobby legislators and other public officials at home and report to the President. (Below are guidelines for selecting a Lobbying Team)
- Help coordinate (with the Communications Committee) American Education Week activities.
- Develop lobbying coordination and political alliances.
- Monitor and attempt to influence educational development through legislation.- Provide legislative lobbyist training to all members prior to lobbying in Tallahassee.- All visitors/speakers must be brought to the attention of the President before their appearances.